The 2020 Season at Leafy Fields
We remained closed to glamping throughout the lockdown period.
Guests who booked to stay with us in late March 2020, April, May and June have all received full refunds as lockdown was extended and holidays were not allowed. We have been working hard to ensure we are ready with a corvid-19 risk assessment in place, additional training undertaken, effective cleaning procedures and social distancing measures in place. Communal areas will remain closed to glampers including the play area and sunflower room.
Before opening for the 2020 season we achieved the 'good to go' accreditation through Visit England and
the AA 'Covid-19 Confident' accreditation.
2021 Season, we wish to help our guests book with confidence.
Covid-19 Guarantee for 2021 holidays:
1. Reserve your holiday dates with just a one night deposit,
2. Enjoy cancellation up to 48 hours before arrival day, we will issue a credit note for your deposit, for use against a holiday
later in the 2021 season.
3. Balance due 48 hours before arrival.
4. If we can not offer your holiday on the dates booked, we will issue a credit note for your deposit, for use against a holiday later in the 2021 season.
About our site
Our accommodation is all self-contained, with internal toilets, showers and little kitchens. The units are well spaced appart with planty of outside space to explore. There is a new hand wash station in the car park area for use on arrival and after petting our animals.
Essential visitors like the Vet, other animal welfare visitors or contractors must wash hands and sign in, on arrival to site. We will be on our site every day to care for and feed our animals and maintain the site.
While we are on site our children will use the willow garden as a safe space for them to play. This area will remain closed to guests this season.
Cleaning and Strategy to manage Corvid-19 Risks
We take cleaning seriously at leafy fields and always have, we carryout all the cleaning ourselves. Obviously we can't make any guarantees but our accommodation is cleaned to a high standard, including wiping down all appliances, light switches, door handles/ zips and surfaces cleaning and then disinfecting following appropriate government guidance. We will follow industry and government advice during this crisis on best practise.
We have decided to have a one night (24hour) gap between change overs so the arrival days will be less flexible than in previous years and we will not allow one day turn around.
* We will not provide bedding just a mattress in a protective cleanable cover. You would need to bring pillows, bottom sheets and duvets or sleeping bags. You might also like to bring blankets and hot water bottles (we will not be providing these this year).
* We will not provide towels other than a disposable shower matt.
* The plates, mugs, bowels, cutlery and cooking equipment in each unit will be basic and kept to a minimum... they will be washed between guests.
* No communal/shared rooms will be open, so our sensory room will unfortunately be closed. Until government guidance allows it to be open.
* The play area with climbing frames will be closed, until government guidance allows it to be open. So we will try to provide a few items of play equipment for each accommodation instead.
* we are looking at offering just four accommodation units this year (each with their own wash and toilet facilities) which will give everyone plenty of space to be socially distant.
* We have a hand wash station in the car park area for use on each arrival back to site and after petting animals.
* All extras including fire wood will need to be pre-ordered so we can remain as contactless as possible during your stay.
* We will aim to have our animals greetable over the fence from the mini paddocks around the car park area. (we will close the willow garden to give our children a safe space on site). we are working on an animal feed/treat pack.
* There will be a one night gap before and after each booking, allowing a 24 hour gap between bookings is not something every site is doing but we feel this summer it is the safest approach.
* Obviously we will follow all industry guidance for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces to a high standard.
* Arrivals will be contactless using key safes for our main gate that we will direct you to when you call us on your arrival. We also have remote monitored cctv in the entrance area to help with this. There will be a written welcome in your unit to help you find everything you need.
* We will try to provide a pack with information about rural quiet places to explore, away from local populations. (this is e.mailed before arrival).
* For our special guests who may need a little extra support.... The sunflower pack will still be available and will contain a sunflower lanyard, and some of our hints and tips for enjoying Devon as lockdown lifts, with a hidden disability. Please book this with extras at time of booking.
As restrictions and guidance become more clear we may add to or change our offering to suit safe practice.
In considering the opening of our site we are very aware of concerns around holiday makers bringing the virus to the region, especially as infection rates have been so low in the area. In response to this we are limiting the number of units we will offer to a maximum of four this summer. Providing holidays for no more than four families at any one time. We have increased the minimum length of stay and have two nights gap between each booking, so reducing the over all number of families using the site across the season. We will provide a guide with some quiet rural walks to explore away from populated areas. We will also encourage our guests to pre-order hampers of local produce so they can support local businesses and local shops. We also will ask our guests to confirm they are free of symptoms before arrival, not placing extra strain on the local NHS, Mid Devon is a rural community with limited NHS resources.
If you are interested in a holiday with us for the 2021 season, we would love to welcome you, please get in touch with the number of nights you are looking for ( we do have minimum stays). We will then be able to offer you some possible dates. We are at the mercy of the government and any local lockdowns or self-isolation restrictions that might be imposed so flexibility may be required on dates from us and you. We will take a one night fee deposit on booking through the website and the balance of payment will only be due 48hours before arrival. Once you arrive your booking payment will be non refundable, even if you choose to go home early (as we will still have to clean and then leave the unit empty for 1 night and are unlikely to be able to fill the now available dates).
Making a Booking and T&Cs
New Bookings for Summer 2020
Please do not book a holiday without contacting us first!
This summer we will have a three night minimum stay. We will only collect a one night fee deposit for direct bookings on our website, we will require full payment 48hours before arrival. We reserve the right to offer alternative dates should lockdown be re-imposed or we/you have to self-isolate for any reason. We may not have notice of this change in circumstance so flexibility will be required. If you have to self-isolate or are ill and so can not come we will do our best to offer you alternative dates when you are safe to travel. If for any reason we have to postpone or cancel your stay we can not be held responsible for and additional costs or losses you may incur as a result, you should take out adequate holiday insurance to cover these risks.
We will follow government advice.
We (Leafy Fields Glamping) are not liable for refunds or expenses you (the guest) incur in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, pandemic, health risks or such similar events ('Force Majeure'). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
If there is a government travel ban in place during your holiday booking you should claim any refunds of costs against your travel insurance. We are happy to offer a postponement of up to one year.
If we become part of an exclusion zone or if we are unable to trade due to government advice, this is beyond our control, we will offer you alternative dates were possible. Any refund of moneys in these circumstances should be claimed from your holiday insurance.
If you are staying with us and due to government advice can not leave during your stay we will not provide a refund for any part of your accommodation booking, as it is beyond our control. If your holiday is impacted by a previous guest not being able to leave due to government advice or cleaning after their departure, this is beyond our control, we will aim to offer alternative accommodation or dates. Any refund of moneys would need to be claimed from your holiday insurance. If you stay beyond your holiday booked dates you will be liable for the ongoing nightly fee for the duration of the stay.
If you can not travel to us due to government advice, self-isolation or being in an exclusion zone yourself then we are unable to re-fund you any money paid towards your holiday. We kindly ask that you do not come to stay with us if you are feeling unwell or self-isolating. Where possible we will try to offer alternative dates. If this is not possible, then this is an instance that you should claim on your own holiday insurance. We highly recommend you take out adequate holiday insurance for your holiday and booking. We will not request the balance of funds until 48hrs before your arrival giving plenty of flexibility.
Our full terms and conditions are available on request at booking, via e.mail. We reserve the right to update and change these terms and conditions as required with out notice.
We are an Autism friendly site and to support these families at this very difficult time we have uploaded some resources we have created or been sent that might be helpful. Please only uses these for your personal use (we don't own the rights for all the resources but thought it was important to share).