The 2020 Season at Leafy Fields
We remained closed to glamping throughout the lockdown period.
Guests who booked to stay with us in late March 2020, April, May and June have all received full refunds as lockdown was extended and holidays were not allowed. We have been working hard to ensure we are ready with a corvid-19 risk assessment in place, additional training undertaken, effective cleaning procedures and social distancing measures in place. Communal areas will remain closed to glampers including the play area and sunflower room.
Before opening for the 2020 season we achieved the 'good to go' accreditation through Visit England and
the AA 'Covid-19 Confident' accreditation.
2023 Season going foward, we wish to help our guests book with confidence.
for 2023 holidays:
1. Reserve your holiday dates with just a one night deposit (non-refundable),
2. Balance due 4 weeks before arrival (non-refundable).
3. If we can not offer your holiday on the dates booked, we will issue a credit note for your deposit or any balance paid, for use against a holiday later in the 2023 season.
We are no longer offering late cancelation or postponement for covid-19. Please ensure you have adequate holiday insurance.
About our site
Our accommodation is all self-contained, with internal toilets, showers and little kitchens. The units are well spaced appart with planty of outside space to explore. There is a new hand wash station in the car park area for use on arrival and after petting our animals.
Essential visitors like the Vet, other animal welfare visitors or contractors must wash hands and sign in, on arrival to site. We will be on our site every day to care for and feed our animals and maintain the site.
Cleaning and Strategy to manage Corvid-19 Risks
We take cleaning seriously at leafy fields and always have, we carryout all the cleaning ourselves. Obviously we can't make any guarantees but our accommodation is cleaned to a high standard, including wiping down all appliances, light switches, door handles/ zips and surfaces cleaning and then disinfecting following appropriate government guidance. We will follow industry and government advice during this crisis on best practice.
We have decided to have a one night (24hour) gap between change overs so the arrival days will be less flexible than in previous years and we will not allow one day turn around.
* We will provide bedding for stays of three nights or longer in (2023) and a mattress in a protective cleanable cover. You might also like to bring blankets and hot water bottles (we may not be providing these this year).
* We will not provide towels.
* The plates, mugs, bowels, cutlery and cooking equipment in each unit will be basic and kept to a minimum... they will be washed between guests.
* we are looking at offering just four accommodation units this year (each with their own wash and toilet facilities) which will give everyone plenty of space to be socially distant.
* We have a hand wash station in the car park area for use on each arrival back to site and after petting animals.
* All extras including fire wood will need to be pre-ordered so we can remain as contactless as possible during your stay.
* We will aim to have our animals greetable over the fence from the mini paddocks around the car park area. we are working on an animal feed/treat pack.
* we will follow all industry guidance for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces to a high standard.
* Arrivals will be contactless using key safes for our main gate that we will direct you to when you call us on your arrival. We also have remote monitored cctv in the entrance area to help with this. There will be a written welcome in your unit to help you find everything you need.
* We will try to provide a pack with information about places to explore.
* For our special guests who may need a little extra support.... The sunflower pack will still be available and will contain a sunflower lanyard, and some of our hints and tips for enjoying Devon, with a hidden disability. Please book this with extras at time of booking.
As restrictions and guidance become more clear we may add to or change our offering to suit safe practice.
During Covid-19 In considering the opening of our site we were very aware of concerns around holiday makers bringing the virus to the region. In response to this we limited the number of units we offered to a maximum of four this summer (2020-2022). Providing holidays for no more than four families at any one time. We increased the minimum length of stay and have one nights gap between each booking, so reducing the over all number of families using the site across the season. We provided a guide with some quiet rural walks to explore away from populated areas. We also encourage our guests to pre-order hampers of local produce so they could support local businesses and local shops. We also asked our guests to confirm they are free of symptoms before arrival, not placing extra strain on the local NHS, Mid Devon is a rural community with limited NHS resources.
Bookings for 2023. We will take a one night fee deposit on booking through our website and the balance of payment will be due 4 weeks before arrival. Payments made are non refundable, even if you choose to go home early (as we will still have to clean and then leave the unit empty for 1 night and are unlikely to be able to fill the now available dates).
Making a Booking and T&Cs
New Bookings for Summer 2023
We will only collect a one night fee deposit for direct bookings on our website, we will require full payment 4 weeks before arrival. We reserve the right to offer alternative dates should lockdown be re-imposed or we have to self-isolate for any reason. We may not have notice of this change in circumstance so flexibility will be required. If you have to self-isolate or are ill and so cannot come, we are no longer offering to move your dates so your holiday will be canceled and you will need to claim on your holiday insurance. If for any reason we have to postpone or cancel your stay we cannot be held responsible for and additional costs or losses you may incur as a result, you should take out adequate holiday insurance to cover these risks.
We will follow government advice.
We (Leafy Fields Glamping) are not liable for refunds or expenses you (the guest) incur in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, pandemic, health risks or such similar events ('Force Majeure'). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
If there is a government travel ban in place during your holiday booking you should claim any refunds of costs against your travel insurance.
If we become part of an exclusion zone or if we are unable to trade due to government advice, this is beyond our control, we will offer you alternative dates were possible. Any refund of moneys in these circumstances should be claimed from your holiday insurance.
If you are staying with us and due to government advice cannot leave during your stay we will not provide a refund for any part of your accommodation booking, as it is beyond our control. If your holiday is impacted by a previous guest not being able to leave due to government advice or cleaning after their departure, this is beyond our control, we will aim to offer alternative accommodation or dates. Any refund of moneys would need to be claimed from your holiday insurance. If you stay beyond your holiday booked dates you will be liable for the ongoing nightly fee for the duration of the stay.
If you cannot travel to us due to government advice, self-isolation or being in an exclusion zone yourself then we are unable to re-fund you any money paid towards your holiday. We kindly ask that you do not come to stay with us if you are feeling unwell or self-isolating. This is an instance that you should claim on your own holiday insurance. We highly recommend you take out adequate holiday insurance for your holiday and booking. We will not request the balance of funds until 4 weeks before your arrival giving plenty of flexibility.
Our full terms and conditions are available on request and at booking.
We reserve the right to update and change these terms and conditions as required without notice.